A wonderful place to learn
Aims College is in the perfect location for learning and discovery, especially for international students. Aims is located in Greeley, Colorado, just 40 miles north of Denver. Greeley has snow-capped Rocky Mountains on one side and sprawling farmlands on the other. Greeley has an ideal climate and 300 days of sunshine.
Aims: a superior college for International students
Aims has a national reputation for superior teaching, and an international reputation for its ability to host and teach students from abroad. No wonder 15,000 students attend the college annually.
University of Northern Colorado, a great next door neighbor
Like Aims College, the University of Northern Colorado (UNC) in Greeley is a multipurpose institution offering a wide range of graduate and undergraduate degree programs. It, too, has an active and vibrant international program.
INTENSIVE ENGLISH PROGRAM
Learn English at a small, a safe, and friendly community college where your dream is our mission.
We invite you to join us:
- Small class sizes, with individual attention from your instructors
- Three 15 week semester per year- mid-August through mid-December; mid-January through first part of May; last part of May through first part of August
- Classes Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays Thursdays: 6 hours
- Fridays free for study, computer-language learning and time with your instructors
- Day-trips with your classmates and instructors to places of interest so you can practice conversation and learn about Colorado
- Courses (beginning to advances)
- Speaking/Listening: highly interactive methods to teach you to converse in English naturally and with correct intonation and pronunciation
- Grammar: combined inter-active and structure-based methods to enable you to speak and write correctly for formal and informal purposes
- Reading: a variety of methods to build your skills in reading English with understanding and speed for academic and professional purposes
- Writing: developmental methods that encourage writing as thinking process, while teaching composition structure from the simple sentence to a formal research paper
- Computer-based language Learning Program: Aims offers 7-day a week access to our highly interactive language learning program which allows students to direct their own learning processes in all the language skill areas, at their own pace
- Other courses at Aims Community College: students may take college classes such as art, photography, physical education or music outside of the Intensive English Program with American students at Aims.
Aims Community College can offer programs of written and oral English instruction. An emphasis is placed on the language of education, business and government. Visitations throughout the Rocky Mountain Region are designed to meet the specific needs of international groups.
- 2 week seminar
- 4 week seminar
- 6 week seminar
What you can expect
- Instruction in written and oral English
- Immersion in every day conversational English with native English speakers
- Small classes
- Emphasis on vocabulary used in education, business and government
- Visitation to education, business and government sites
- Up to date, full internet access computer language lab
- A substantial improvement in English skills within the seminar session.
Preceding each trip, the students will study the geography, history and culture of each of the places they will visit.
Possible cultural trips:
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Colorado State Capitol
- Four Corners – Mesa Verde National Park (Overnight)
- Ski area – Vail, Glenwood Springs, Breckenridge (Overnight)
- South Dakota Mount Rushmore (Overnight)
- Air Force Academy
(Any overnight trips will cost extra)
ENTRANCE TESTS REQUIRED
International students who wish to enter a full-time academic program must take the College Placement Test (CPT) upon arrival at Aims Community College. Based on the CPT score a student will be placed in the appropriate classes.
DEGREE & CERTIFICATE INFORMATION
Aims Community College offers a variety of instructional programs designed to meet the needs of a diverse student body and the demands of a technological and diverse society. Each academic division of the college represents the integration of academics (liberal arts and sciences) and career and technical education (vocational/occupational training). The college offers four two-year degrees and numerous shorter career and technical certificates.
The certificates/degrees and their purposes are as follows:
Career and technical Education certificates- Entry into the workforce
Associate of Applied Science Degree- Entry into the workforce
Associate of Arts Degree- Transfer to four-year colleges/universities
Associate of Science Degree- Transfer to four-year colleges/universities
Associate of General Studies Degree-Tailored to student needs
APPLICATION MATERIALS REQUESTED
Completed Application for Admission
Completed financial statement
Official academic transcripts with certified English translations
While the college does not have on campus housing, temporary housing may be available with assistance in finding housing within close proximity of the campus in apartments or houses.
REMARKS TO INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Aims Community College offers excellent academic program leading to the associate degree; a caring supportive faculty and staff, modern facilities, and a safe, friendly and picturesque campus on which to study. Aims Community College strives to assist international students in realizing their goal of academic success on an American Community College campus. The International Student Lounge is the place to relax with your friends, study, use the computers and plan activities. The International Club organizes activities to promote intercultural friendship and understanding through recreational, educational, and service activities.
Degree & Certificate Offerings:
Associate of Arts Degree programs (Liberal Arts majors):
Business Transfer; Communications Media; Computer Information Systems; Computer Programming; Computer Science; Criminal Justice; Design; Early Childhood Professions; Emergency Medical Services; Fine Art; General Psychology; International Studies; Literature; Mortgage Banking; Music; Philosophy; Political Science; Pre-Law; Pre-Nursing; Sociology; Telecommunications
Associate of Science Degree (Liberal Arts majors):
Chemistry; Chemistry Testing Technology; Computer Programming; Computer Science; Geographic Information Systems (GIS); Geology; Life Sciences; Mathematics; Pre-Engineering; Pre-Health Professions
Associate of General Studies (Liberal Arts Majors):
Communications Media Broadband Communications; Colorado Alcohol and Drug Abuse Program-Counselor I and II
Associate of Applied Science Degree Programs:
Accounting; Administrative Assistant; Agriculture Business Management; Animation; Automotive Collision Repair Technology; Business Administration; Communications Media; Computer Information Systems; Criminal Justice; Diagnostics/Driveability; Early Childhood Professions; Electronics Technology; Electronics Technology-Biomedical Electronics; Emergency Medical; Services; Engineering Technology; Fire Science Technology; General Automotive Technician; General Aviation Pilot Option; Graphic Technology Pre-press; Graphic Technology Press; Legal Administrative Assistant; Interactive Design; Marketing/Management; Medical Administrative Assistant; Medical Office Technology/Medical Assisting; Multimedia/Presentation Arts; Professional Pilot Program; Radiologic Technology; Web Design; Welding
Technician Certificate Programs:
Accounting; Agriculture Business Management; Automotive Collision Repair Technology (Express Certificates, Automotive Collision Repair [Body/Refinishing]); Automotive Technology (AYES Certificate, Diagnosis/Driveability, Express Certificates, General Automotive Technician): Aviation Technology (Advanced Ground Instructor, Basic Ground Instructor, Certified Flight Instructor, Commercial Pilot, Instrument Flight Training Rating, Instrument Ground Instructor, Instrument Rating, Multi-Engine Flight Instructor Rating, Multi-engine Rating, Private Pilot, Business Technology): Communications Media (Audio Production, Broadband Technical Management, Digtal Imaging and Publishing, Educational Technology, Integrated Media Production, Media Writing, Radio Production, Video/Television Production); Computer Information Systems (CIS Programming, C++ Programming, Help Desk, JAVA Programming, Network Analyst, UNIX, Visual Basic Programming, Web Page Development, Information Technology, MCSA-Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator, MCSE-Microsoft Windows 2000 Certification); Early Childhood Professions (Director, Early Childhood Professions, Great Beginnings, Group Leader, Infant/Toddler Candidate, Infant/ Toddler Care, Preschool Candidate); Electronics Technology (Radiologic Equipment Repair); Emergency Medical Technician (Basic EMT-B/Intermediate EMT-I); Engineering Technology (Auto Cad, Construction Technology); Fire Science Technology (Fire Academy, Volunteer Firefighter Training); General Aviation Pilot; Global Positioning System; Graphic Technology (press or Pre-Press); Interactive Design (Animation/Web Page Design); Marketing/Management (Management); Medical Back Office Assistant; Medical Front Office Assistant; Medical Transcription; Multimedia/Presentation Arts; Music Therapy Aide; Nurse Aide (Home Health Aid); Peace Officer Academy; Radiologic Technology (Mammography Technologist, Radiologic Technology Aide); Telecommunications; Welding Technology (Welding Technician, Express Certificate); Young Farmer