Who should choose the English Language Programs at National University?
- Students who want to enroll in a US college or university
- Professionals in various fields who want to improve their English to enhance career opportunities
- Business leaders and executives who interact with English-speaking clients or associates
- Visitors who simply want to learn English while enjoying California’s unique culture
National University offers an extensive selection of English Language Programs designed to meet the needs of international students, visitors, and professionals. Students learn more than just a new language when they enroll as each program is designed to provide an unforgettable foray into contemporary American culture.
Enjoy learning English in beautiful San Diego
Headquartered in San Diego California, National University offers experienced instructors with advanced degrees in TESOL, English, linguistics and related fields. Each one has traveled extensively, has worked in another country, and has studied a foreign language. And because our instructors have personally experienced many of the situations that the international student encounters, they are prepared to help students conquer the challenges of learning a new language and culture.
Q: What is the deadline for submitting my application?
A: There is no deadline. All classes are one month long, so you can begin your new program on the first day of class during any month you choose. We recommend that you apply at least six weeks before your program’s start date. Students must take a placement test on the scheduled test date.
Q: How long will it take for my application to be processed?
A: The application will be processed the same day it is received. A complete application with the required fee will be processed in just one day.
Q: How long does it take to complete the English Language Programs?
A: It can take as short as two months, and as long as 14 months (students usually complete the program in four to six months) depending upon your placement test scores.
Q: How small are the classrooms?
A: We try to keep the classroom size small so that students can receive individual attention from the instructors. In our core classes, we place no more than eight to ten students in a classroom. In the elective courses, we increase the classroom size slightly so that students will be able to interact with each other.
Q: I am interested in enrolling at National University after I complete ELP. Do I need to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) to be admitted to National University degree programs?
A: No. Since our University Preparation Program is designed to help you succeed in academic classes, we believe that you will be well prepared for our rigorous programs.
Q: Do I need a student visa to study English at National University?
A: Students who plan to study English full-time must obtain a F-1 student visa. You will not require an F-1 visa if you are planning to study English for three months or less. National University has an immigration specialist on staff who will process your I-20 and take care of reinstatements and change of status.
Q: Does National University offer housing assistance? What are my options?
A: You can live in an apartment near the school or live with a host family. The staff members at ELP will assist you in locating a suitable place to live. Please see Housing.
Programs of Study
The English Language Programs at National University offer the following:
- Classes starting every month
- Early admissions to degree and credential programs
- State of the Art computer labs for word processing, Internet research and e-mail
Why is National University my best option?
- The students can finish the Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Certificate Program in six months.
- The intensive format of an intensive course per month of the National University promotes greater interest, the motivation, and better total results of learning so that the focused student this in a single course.
- Evening and Saturday classes are available.
Comments and questions regarding the English Language Programs should be directed to email@example.com.